Tuesday 1 May 2012

Editor

I probably enjoyed my day as editor the most. I believe I approached it a little differently to everyone else, but I approach most things differently to the rest of the group. I just wanted everyone to stay calm and enjoy it, especially as by this point in the year we had all proved ourselves capable of producing good radio. I had other bits and pieces to do myself, but I felt it important to keep talking to people, finding out what they were doing and how long their pieces would be, constantly updating the breakdown of the show so everyone could see how things were going. This way any disasters could be managed, I could offer help to anyone who needed it and I could keep a schedule open in my mind for what I needed by when. In this respect maybe I was a little lucky nothing did go wrong, as it would have tested my nice, breezy approach, but I would like to think this did not happen because I managed things well. I think the fact Chrissy told me after that I had done a good job, in a role I am sure people expected little from me, was a real highlight. The show went really well in the end, there was nothing in particular that went wrong and the content was really good across the board. I actually think I made quite a good editor, and made good decisions on what we did and how we did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment